There are altaholics.... and then there's the rest of us. A Druid blog for the player that never wants to have to roll another character again. A Bear/Tree/Cat blog dedicated to being able to queue for all three roles in the Dungeon Finder.

Monday, April 19, 2010

If I Had To Write Another Blog: Making Gold Edition

I like making gold. That being said, it tends to flow out of my hands like water, since I'm always lending it to guildies.

I don't mind gold blogs. The resources are there for people to find them if they want to find them, and to put them into practice if they're smart enough.

I hate the Gold Capped weekly articles on Wow.com. They give away a lot of secrets wholesale. That's not to say that I don't make money off of them. On the contrary. More often than not, when Wow.com goes live with a Gold Capped article, the markets for whatever it is they just showed everyone in the world will, invariable, tank, allowing me to buy everything up for dirt cheap, hold onto for a bit until prices come back up, then flip for a profit.

My objection to Gold Capped is that it doesn't make sense to reveal your secrets to the whole wide world on a whole. Nine times out of ten, people are going to read what they see in a guide, and then execute it to the letter. This works just fine for things like build, talents, and gear, but the AH is a shifting, mutable, living organism. You can't just follow a recipe and expect to get results. But yet, there they go. And every time they reveal a core money-making operation, like the Saronite Shuffle, I suppress an frustrated scream.

Now, on the other hand, if I were to write another blog, oh man, I would love to share things with you guys. But, since I'm writing this blog, you guys will just have to settle. =3

-BearTreeCat

No comments:

Post a Comment