There are altaholics.... and then there's the rest of us. A Druid blog for the player that never wants to have to roll another character again. A Bear/Tree/Cat blog dedicated to being able to queue for all three roles in the Dungeon Finder.

Friday, June 18, 2010

On Dun-dah-dun-tah~ *dons fedora*:

Okay, so I don't own a Fedora. But I do own a flat cap! ....which would make me Shia Leboufoufoufoufouf. Goddamnit. And I would have chosen something more.... well, Heroic, but Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Captain America don't quite exactly have theme music. (Okay, Iron Man did, but I! AM! IRON MAN! over and over isn't my idea of "heroic".)

No, I didn't take down the Lich King Heroic. Hell, we're still sorting out how best to do Phase 1 and manage the adds properly. But we did take down Sindragosa. So let me set the stage here. Co-tank-I-love-to-bits (Hereafter, I shall refer to as "Fox".) and I have gotten our Frost Resist gear all assembled. I actually have gone a little overkill, and am allegedly over the resist cap once one of our other paladins puts up Frost Resistance Aura. First three times, we wipe, getting back into the groove of things after having had Stuff come up for people the previous two weeks. (I should note: We completely trashed all 10 other bosses the night before.) The usual was happening. Extra people getting caught in ice tombs, extra people getting caught in ice tombs, people not watching the stacks of either the melee or the spell debuff, extra people getting caught in ice tombs, and killing the tombs too fast for stacks of Mystic Buffet to wear off. Oh, and extra people getting caught in ice tombs.

So fourth try rolls around, and we transition into phase 3... and Fox disconnects from WoW. She's still on Vent, so she tells me that I need to get my fuzzy but into place and hold Sindy until she can get back in.

Well, I did it. I started blowing everything I had, both offensive and defensive, in a last chance bid to hold the line until Fox got back. And I did it, too. And we succeeded. But just to give you an idea as to what I was up against (And click to embiggen):

Yes, several of us did faceplant, but we *did* do it. And 23 stacks! I don't think you're ever supposed to *get* that many stacks! I think you're supposed to die before you even get that far!

Point is, we rule, Sindy drools, and then we all stripped off our gear, started the Lich King fight, and punched him in the face a few times. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Next week!: We begin to bash our heads against The Lich King for four weeks! Just like Blood Princes all over again!

-BearTreeCat

P.S.: Here's an extra screenshot. Do observe the bottom-left-hand corner.:

No comments:

Post a Comment